Witnessing Daily Miracles

A DIARY OF LEE'S BATTLE WITH EHRICHLIOSIS. TO READ IN ORDER OF ACTUAL HAPPENINGS, YOU WILL NEED TO GO TO THE EARLIEST ARCHIVE, AND START AT THE BEGINNING, AND THE ONSET OF HIS ILLNESS. Your comments are welcomed. Hope this miracle, inspires your life, as it did mine. Lev

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Never in my life would I have dreamed that somethings as insignificant to me as a tick,would make such a huge impact in my life.When my husband Lee was bitten by a tick that was infected with the Ehrlichia bacteria,it brought him very near to deaths door.This disease literally invades all of your blood cells and can affect every major organ in your body.It affects the brain, sometimes causing seizures, the heart, liver, kidneys, gal bladder, stomach and pancreas.Enzyme levels in the pancreas, liver and kidneys begin to rise. With all of these organs not functioning or functioning properly, the urine nor the blood gets filtered of impurities. Blood platelet levels drop, causing the blood not to clot properly, producing sever bruising, swelling, or hemoraging. Seizures can occur causing brain damage. The heart can be affected, even causing heart attacks. Pheneumonia and other lung infections can set in.THIS DISEASE CAN KILLLee sufferd from all these symptoms,but by the grace of God all is healing well, and although he did have a seizure, there was no brain damage.

I hope that all of you will take the time to familiarize yourself about this disease.Make yourself aware of it's symptoms.And please, when outdoors, take precautions to prevent tick bites.Below you will find only a few links to sites that will give you information and facts about this disease. There were far to many to list them all.If you would like additional information, you can go to your search engine under: Ehrlichliosis.

All this happened July 4, 2003,...and it forever changed our lives. I know, beyond a doubt, that it was the prayers, thoughts, and concerns of so many friends, and family, that brought Lee through this, and well,with me today. Almost daily, while Lee was in the hospital, I sent updates to relatives, and my groups, keeping everyone up to date on what was happening, and reminding everyone to continue praying for Lee's speedy recovery.

In this page of my blog, Witnessing Daily Miracles, you will read the daily postings that I sent. For yourself, you will be able to witness the miracles that occured in Lee's behalf, those 6 weeks through his sickness and recovery. I know that it was nothing short of a miracle, and the hand of God, that pulled him through. I hope that by reading these, your lives will be blessed, as was Lee's, by the great miracles that our God can work.
God works in wonderous ways, and I know that part of His doing, was to put Lee in the very competant hands of so many wonderful doctors. He was so blessed with giving and caring nurses. In his 8 week stay in the hospital, I only encountered one nurse, that gave us problems. She was Lee's nurse once, and then for some reason...never got assigned to him again. That in itself was a blessing...lol But all his Drs. and nurses gave 110% to Lee while he was there. We couldn't have asked for more loving and giving care-givers. We know that God helped guide the hands of these skilled Drs. and nurses, so that Lee got the best of care. There is nothing I can say that describes the gratitude that we have to these people, and the great care that Lee got through the
University of Missouri Health Center.

I have posted these in correspondence to the days that I posted them to friends, family, and my online groups, now, more than two yrs. ago, as we were, day to day, going through this ordeal.
I hope you are touched by reading these, and realize that God can also work miracles in your lives, just as He did for Lee.
God Bless You All
Lev



I spent alot of time in the garden patio, that was located near the hospital entrace. It was full of the beautiful flowers of summer, and I spent many an hour there, praying, and observing the beauty that God had placed around me, amidst such inward turmoil, and heartache that I was feeling regarding Lee's condition. The robins were always present, digging for worms to put into the hungry mouths of their babies, that cherped in the nest that I could see from where I'd sit. The sparrows too were plentiful...always going from place to place, looking for the crumbs that someone may have dropped beneath their table. As I would watch these small birds, I was constatnly reminded of the old gospel song....His Eye is on the sparrow...and I know He watches me. I continually reminded myself, that if God watches and cares for even the sparrow, then there was no doubt that He was watching and caring for Lee. Quite often I would find myself humming the beautiful melody. We are all God's children, and are far more important to Him than the sparrow. So, as you read the words that follow to this song, and listen to it, I pray that it blesses you, and assures you, that God is always watching over us, caring for us, and WILL supply all our needs! He is our Father, and He does care deeply for us, His beloved children.

HIS EYE IS ON THE SPARROW

( Listen to this song)
Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,
Why should by
heart be lonely, and long for heav'n and home
When Jesus is my portion? My constant friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.

"Let not your
heart be troubled," His tender words I hear,
And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubt and fears;
Though by the path He leadeth, but one step I may see:
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

Whenever I am tempted, Whenever clouds arise,
When songs give place to sighing, When hope within me dies,
I draw the closer to Him, From care He sets me free;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

I sing because I'm happy, I sing because I'm free,
For His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.

music by: Civilla D. Martin
Words by: Charles H. Gabriel

"Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today." Exodus14:13
Unfortunately, the first few entries added on this blog page were added in the wrong order. You need to begin by clicking on the July archives, and start reading on July 3. Scrolling down, there will be entries for July 4,5,and 8th. When you reach the bottom of the page, you will then need to return to the post above July 3., dated, July 8. From then all other entries can be read in order, according to the timeline in which they happened, by scrolling up. The newest entry, being at the top of the page. I do appologize for this inconvenience.